For film professionals and decision-makers
INSIGHT OUT is a truly international symposium on Digital Cinema and HDTV production. The training programme is designed for decision-makers in the film, TV, and new media industries. It provides in-depth information on every step along an entirely digital production chain, on new digital production tools and workflows.
Participants learn from digital cinema and HDTV feature and documentary film productions that are exemplary of current digital best practice. INSIGHT OUT takes place at HFF in Potsdam, Germany, 30mins from Berlin’s city centre.
Learn how to use digital technology creatively
The market is developing at such rapid speed, that it is increasingly difficult for professionals to keep up-to-date with the development of new digital tools.
INSIGHT OUT offers a yearly update on the latest technology and equipment. It provides practical examples of the workflows employed in recent digital productions and gives an insight into the creative choices filmmakers are facing in a world governed by bits, bytes and pixels. Technologies are reviewed with regard to their aesthetic and narrative perspective, potentials and restrictions.
The INSIGHT OUT 2011 Programme
What characterises INSIGHT OUT is its informal atmosphere where trainers stay for their colleagues’ lectures and lively discussions ensue at the end of each session.
– Lectures: Experienced filmmakers talk about the creative and technical challenges that they face and the future development of film production.
– Hands-on Workshops: Several all-day workshops introduce you to entirely digital workflows for large and low budgets.
– Case Studies: Showing film sequences and making-off footage, film crews present their cinema and HDTV productions. Technical and artistic choices are discussed.
– Visits: Companies acting in the film and media industry in Berlin and Brandenburg present their facilities and current projects.
– Networking: Plenty of time for networking with trainers, fellow participants and local media professionals.
Be a part of INSIGHT OUT 2011, Europe’s leading training programme on digital cinema and HDTV for media professionals!
Support for German Participants
FFA kindly supports German participants who already worked on a cinema production. They may apply for FFA funding. Your contact person at FFA for all questions regarding continous training is Birthe Klinge, some of them might be answered by the FAQ.
Scholarships for Participants from European Countries
regular Application deadline: 31 January 2011
HFF offers a limited number of scholarships towards participation fees, accommodation and partial travel costs for film and broadcasting professionals from countries participating in the MEDIA programme, namly Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Great Britain, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
Applications from countries with a low audiovisual production capacity and teaching staff of film and media schools are particularly encouraged.
Scholarships for EBU Members from Europe and the MEDA Countries
Application deadline: 19 January 2011
The Geneva-based European Broadcasting Union (EBU) is the largest professional association of national broadcasters in the world. It serves 75 active members in 56 countries in Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East and 35 associate members in countries around the world. EBU Member broadcasters reach an audience of 650 million weekly.
The EBU is sponsoring a limited number of scholarships for TV professionals. EBU members from Europe or from the Southern Mediterranean (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, the Palestinian Authority, Syria, Tunisia or Turkey) are eligible to apply. The scholarships encompass all seminar costs, accommodation during the workshop and a travel allowance of € 200 (only for scholarship holders from Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, the Palestinian Authority, Syria, Tunesia or Turkey).
How to Apply
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply:
– You are fluent in English, the course language of INSIGHT OUT.
– You have not received a scholarship for a previous INSIGHT OUT symposium.
– You are a member of the target group.
If you are eligible to apply, please send us by fax or post:
– the duly completed and signed application form
– a recent CV and photo with selected filmography, if applicable