“How to write, finance and distribute your animated feature in the digital age” is the title of the upcoming seminar in Viborg, Denmark. Throughout April 16th and 18th the experts attending the seminar will focus on key elements regarding feature films in the digital age:
– Successful crowdfunding for films: Indiegogo and Kickstarter
– Distributing and marketing your content digitally: growing opportunities
– Making good films with an international audience in mind: story development, audience demographics and case studies
– Partnerships with distributors and sales agents
– Fillm finance structures: the cost of funding
– Legal contracts and negotiation items
Vertical manager John Trigonis will join the discussion as well representing Indiegogo from the United States along with Howard Price director of SONY ATV / EMI MUSIC PUBLISHING.
Mr. Trigonis will present the philosophy of the pioneering US crowdfunding platform and illustrate with film case studies what makes a fund raising campaign successful. How you choose your music, prepare the budget, manage, publish and exploit the film music will be thoroughly explained by Mr. Price.
The seminar will also focus on financing structures and strategies. In this panel, Catherine Vernon, a producer and specialist in Business Affairs will analyse the different possible funding sources for a film and enlarge discussions with Paul Brett, Director of Prescience Film as to the implications on the production budget of resorting to gap finance and debt financing.
Read more about the programme here