When East Meets West is back and launches the call for entries for the 2015 edition, which will be held at 18-20 January 2015, in Trieste, Italy.
WHEN EAST MEETS WEST is a co-production forum designed to bring together decision makers, financiers and 20 selected producers with a project in development from Eastern Europe*, Italy and – only for the 2015 edition – the English speaking countries: UK, IRELAND and NORTH AMERICA. The programme includes a public pitching, a series of one-to-one meetings and open discussions on the financial and distribution conditions in the spotlight region.
We are looking for feature films for theatrical release or TV documentaries in development stage suitable for international coproduction. WEMW 2015 will select projects from Eastern Europe (preferably with a connection either with Italy or the English speaking countries), Italy (preferably with a connection either with the English speaking countries or Eastern Europe) and the English speaking countries (preferably with a connection either with Italy or Eastern Europe).
All applications must include:
- complete application form in word format – you can download it at www.wemw.it
- approx. 5 – 8 page treatment / exposé in English
- total budget and financing plan
- including visual material (teaser of the project or clips of previous works of the director) is highly recommended
- All documents must be sent via email within October 30, 2014 to email@example.com
SELECTION & AWARDS
The WEMW international selection committee will evaluate the potential of the treatment, international dimension of the project, directors’ profile, producers’ CV and company track record. Selected projects will be announced in early December and producers will be invited to Trieste. All selected projects/producers will compete for the WEMW Development Award, the EAVE scholarship and the brand new EGG Digital Cinema Award.
For any further information: www.wemw.it
* Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine