The call for entries for the International and Swiss Competition of the 19th edition of the Internationale Kurzfilmtage Winterthur is now open!
With over 17’000 visitors, the Kurzfilmtage is the most important short film festival in Switzerland. 650 accredited guests make it a popular meeting point for short film professionals from all over the world. Since 2014, the Kurzfilmtage are an OSCAR®-qualifying festival. The competition is open to films of all genres produced in 2014 and 2015. The maximum length for films in the International Competition is 30 minutes, for the Swiss Competition it is 40 minutes.
The jury awards the following prizes (worth CHF 42’000.– cash & CHF 11’500.– in-kind in total):
- Grand Prize worth CHF 12’000.– for the best film in the International Competition
- Promotional Award CHF 10’000.– for the best achievement in directing
- Swiss Award CHF 10’000.– for the best Swiss film
- The Audience Award CHF 10’000.– for the audience’s favorite film
- The Swiss Cinematography Award is awarded to the best camera work in a Swiss film in form of an in-kind award consisting of a Nikon Camera D800 including lenses worth CHF 11’500.–.
The application deadline is 12 July 2015 – the earlier you submit the better!
How to apply:
Fill in your data with the application form and then transfer your film. You can find the rules and regulations here, as well as further information on our festival. There is no entry fee. It’s not possible to upload the shortfilm to an external platform, it’s mandatory to upload the film threw the website.
For any further questions, write to email@example.com!
From the press release of the 19th Kurzfilmtage Winterthur