As part of FILMFEST DRESDEN’s industry section “etc. – events, trainings, connections”, “Visegrád in Short(s)”gives talents from the Visegrád countries (Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary) as well as Germany the opportunity to present their short film works to the public, connect with other industry professionals and take part in lectures, panel discussions and masterclasses held by FILMFEST DRESDEN’s partners of the respective countries.
Designed to promote Central European short film at the festival and connect industry professionals, the forum will enable talents from the Visegrád countries to screen their short films to the public, engage in film talks, network with other Visegrád participants and non-Visegrád professionals, take part in panel discussions, lectures, workshops, masterclasses and networking events. During the festival week, each day will concentrate on one Visegrád country, offering our partners – longstanding members of the cinematic landscape in their respective countries and beyond – the opportunity to introduce their work to the participants, make them aware of the professional opportunities in their countries, lecture them on production possibilities and discuss ways of distributing their work beyond the Visegrád region. Participating directors will screen their latest work to the public, engaging the audience in film talks after each screening.
All participants will also have the opportunity to visit the following events:
– film screenings and other festival events (Festival Opening, Awards Ceremony, etc.) at the 27th FILMFEST DRESDEN
– Go Forward! – a presentation on current promotion prizes as well as support and training programmes
– a panel on festival and distribution strategies
– a masterclass held by Czech iconic actor and director Jiří Menzel
– Big Names, Small Talks – talks with the VIPs from the world of short film can be booked in advance
The forum is primarily aimed at young film professionals from the Visegrád countries as well as Germany. These include directors, producers, screenwriters, cinematographers, film students, distributors and film agents.
-Poland: Krakow Film Foundation, NUR (production company),
-Hungary: Jameson CineFest Miskolc International Film Festival, WOSH – World of Shorts Magazine
-Slovakia: Slovak Film Institute
-Czech Republic: Czech Film Center, iconic actor and director Jiří Menzel
To apply for the forum, send the following (by email and in English only):
– your CV (including photo) and filmography – PDF format (max. 1 page)
– Letter of motivation (max. 1 page)
– write them if you have made or contributed to a film that you would like to present in a public screening at the festival
They only accept individual applications.
Send your application to Stefanie Forestier at email@example.com!
Deadline for applications extended until 6 extended until 6th of March, 2015!