In the last couple of weeks we shared a bunch of amazing animation short films on Daazo’s different social platforms, which we received from the archives of Fest Anca International Animation Festival. We gathered them together on a special Fest Anca channel on Daazo, take a look inside!
On this week, the 2015th edition of Fest Anca is finally starting, and we can’t wait to see all of those animated short gems. Here is the detailed programme of the competing short films, divided up for the days and sections:
International Competition of Short Films 1. / STATION ŽILINA ZÁRIEČIE: HALL S2 , 06.26. Friday, 14:30
- Each other, directed by Kyu-Tae Lee, 2014 (KR)
- World of Tomorrow, directed by Don Hertzfeldt, 2015 (US)
- The Pride of Stathmoor, directed by Einar Baldvin, 2014 (IS, US)
- The Adventures of Candide / Candide kalandjai, directed by Nándor Bera, 2014 (HU)
- The Bigger Picture, directed by Daisy Jacobs, 2014 (GB)
- The Sleepwalker / Sonambulo, directed by Theodore Ushev, 2015 (CA)
- Spider’s Anatomy / Anatomie pavouka, directed by Vojtěch Kiss, 2014 (CZ)
International Competition of Short Films 2. / STATION ŽILINA ZÁRIEČIE: HALL S2 , 06.26. Friday, 17:00
- Pilots on the Way Home / Lendurid koduteel, direvted by Olga Pärn, Priit Pärn, 2014 (EE, CA)
- Half Wet, directed by Sophie Koko Gate, 2014 (GB)
- With Joy and Merriness / Dans la joie et la bonne humeur, directed by Boukraa Jeanne, 2014 (BE)
- Cruising, directed by Zachary Zezima, 2014 (US)
- The Shirles Temple, directed by Daniela Sherer, 2013 (GB)
- Pineapple Calamari, directed by Kasia Nalewajka, 2014 (GB)
- Quimtai, directed by Camilo Colmenares, 2015 (CO)
- Hunger / Glad, directed by Petra Zlonoga, 2014 (HR)
- Storm hits jacket / Tempête sur anorak, directed by Paul Cabon, 2014 (FR)
International Competition of Short Films 3. / STATION ŽILINA ZÁRIEČIE: HALL S2 , 06.27. Saturday, 11:30
- Isle of Seals, directed by Edmunds Jansons, 2014 (LV)
- Something Important, directed by NaiWei Liu, 2014 (US)
- Tick Tack / Tik Tak, directed by Ülo Pikkov, 2015 (EE)
- Aplasia / Aplasie, directed by Phuong Emilie, 2014 (FR)
- Fok Nabo Distorio, directed by Francesco Rosso, 2014 (EE)
- The Sine Wave, directed by Neely Goniodsky, 2013 (GB)
- Brutus / Brut, directed by Svetlana Filippova, 2014 (RU)
- Deep Space, directed by Tondeur Bruno, 2014 (BE)
- Nina, directed by Veronika Obertová, Michaela Čopíková, 2014 (SK)
International Competition of Short Films 4. / STATION ŽILINA ZÁRIEČIE: HALL S2 , 06.27. Saturday, 17:30
- Life with Herman H. Rott / Elu Herman H. Rott’iga, directed by Chintis Lundgren, 2015 (EE, HR, DK)
- 8 Bullets / 8 balles, directed by Ternier Frank, 2014 (FR)
- 1000 Plateaus (2004-2014), directed by Steven Woloshen, 2014 (CA)
- Man on the Chair, directed by Dahee Jeong, 2014 (FR)
- The twilight hour / Entre chien et loup, directed by Reza Riahi, 2014 (FR)
- We can’t live without cosmos / Mi ne mozhem zhit bez kosmosa, directed by Konstantin Bronzit, 2014 (RU)
- Blue Dream / Blauer Traum, directed by Malte Stein, 2013 (DE)
- Worst-Case Scenario / Must stsenaarium, directed by Kristjan Holm, 2014 (EE)
But the festival doesn’t end with the short film competitions, they also have a number of special screenings, focusing on countries, genders, nations etc.:
- International Competition of Music Videos 1-2.
- International Competiton of Films for Kids 1-2.
- Competition of Slovak Films
- Feature Films
- World Panorama 1-2-3-4.
- Terribly Inappropriate and Uncomfortable Genderfucking Animation (sounds amazing!)
- Contemporary Italian Animation
- Czech Amateur Animated Film 1-2.
- Czechoslovak Bed-time Stories from the 1980s 1-2-3.
- Estonian Focus: Rein Raamat Profile, First Steps of Estonian Animation, Golden Years of Estonian Animation 1-2, Estonian Animation After Independence 1-2, Best of Nukufilm Studio 1-2-3, Best of Joonisfilm Studio 1-2, Estonian Independents
- Animaster – Animation Department at the Estonian Academy of Arts 1-2
- The Animation Workshop – VIA University College
Check out the detailed programme on their official website! See you at Fest Anca!