Daazo – the European Shortfilm Centre proudly presents the fourth edition of the Friss Hús Budapest International Shortfilm Festival, which will take place at the end of March 2016 in Budapest, Hungary.
Our long term plan is to make sure that the event becomes an internationally acclaimed festival where the audience can watch entertaining and colourful short film selections and where the filmmakers can meet important professionals from the film industry as well as attend special workshops.
The best international film will be awarded with a cash prize of €1,000. Several other valuable prizes will be given out too – for example to the winner of the National Competition and Best Hungarian Animation.
The early bird submission for the short films in the International Competition is ending on the 31st of August! Here are the rest of the submission dates:
- Discounted regular: 15€ until October 31st
- Regular: 20€ until January 31st
- Late runners: 25 € until February 15th
- Early bird:10€ until October 31st
- Regular:15€ until January 31st
Eligible short films are:
– Max. 30 minutes length
– The film must be made entirely outside of Hungary or the director has to be non-Hungarian
– Any countries (See the competitive sections above.)
– Any genres (Live action/Documentary/Animation/Experimental) except music videos.
– Completed after January 1st, 2014
– Only films with English subtitle will be accepted!
Preview and Screening copy:
The preview copy of the submitted film can be sent through www.reelport.com, www.filmfreeway.com, www.clickforfestivals.com or register and upload your password protected film to www.daazo.com for preselection purposes. More technical details on the official website of Friss Hús!
See you in March!