The 72nd edition of ‘Mostra Internazionale D’Arte Cinematografica la Biennale di Venezia – also known as the Venice Film Festival has ended this weekend. We wrote about the short films of the festival, which are always introduced in the Orizzonti selection, the section of “the new trends in the cinema”. Here are the winners:
The Orizzonti Jury of the 72nd Venice Film Festival, chaired by Jonathan Demme and composed of Anita Caprioli, Fruit Chan, Alix Delaporte and Paz Vega having viewed the 34 films in competition has decided to award.
- the Orizzonti Award for Best Film to: FREE IN DEED by Jake Mahaffy (USA, New Zealand)
- the Orizzonti Award for Best Director to: Brady Corbet for THE CHILDHOOD OF A LEADER by Brady Corbet (United Kingdom, Hungary)
- the Special Orizzonti Jury Prize to: BOI NEON (NEON BULL) by Gabriel Mascaro (Brazil, Uruguay, The Netherlands)
- the Special Orizzonti Award for Best Actor to: Dominique Lebornein the film TEMPÊTE by Samuel Collardey
- the Orizzonti Award for Best Short Film to: BELLADONNA by Dubravka Turic (Croatia)
- the Venice Short Film Nomination for the European Film Awards 2015 to: E.T.E.R.N.I.T. by Giovanni Aloi (France)
Text from the official website of La Biennale.