Euro Connection is the marketplace for short film co-production in Europe. The next edition will take place on Tuesday 9 and Wednesday 10 February 2016 in Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival, with the aim of fostering partnerships between European production companies, financial backers and broadcasters for short film projects.
Producers from the 23 associated countries to the Call for Projects 2016 are invited to send their application by email to the national correspondent in their country no later than October 23, 2015 (see list and contacts for correspondents in entry form below). Application is free of charge.
- short film projects (fiction, animation, creative documentary) under 40 minutes;
- presented by a production company located in one of the associated countries;
- for which partial funding has been granted by an external source (see details in form);
- for which a co-production partner in Europe is wanted;
- for which shooting/production shall start after May 2016;
- whose producer commits to attend and pitch his/her project in case of selection.
Countries associated to the 2016 edition are: Austria, Baltic countries, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
In each country, the national correspondent sets up an expert committee who will nominate 1 finalist project. A European jury will then review all finalist projects and select 15 projects for Euro Connection. Additionally, the winner of the Baltic Pitching Forum will be selected to Euro Connection as a result from the partnership between these two events.
In total, 16 carefully selected projects will be presented at Euro Connection 2016. Participants will be informed of results end of November, and selected projects will be announced on this site mid-January.
Selected producers are invited to Euro Connection. Invitation includes a travel grant of 160 €, hotel and meals for 4 nights and free accreditation to the Short Film Market.
Euro Connection revolves around:
- Pitch training workshop (Monday 8 February 2016).
- Pitching sessions in front of potential partners (Tuesday 9 February 2016).
- Facilitated networking for producers and participants.
- One-on-one business meetings (Wednesday 10 February 2016).
150 industry delegates take part in Euro Connection each year. Clermont-Ferrand accreditation holders wishing to attend Euro Connection pitching sessions will be able to book their seat using the online form available here from mid-January 2016.
Text from the official website of Clermont-Ferrand ISFF.