The first Cinéfondation and Short Films Jury was organised in 1998. This year it is presided over by the Japanese director and writer Naomi Kawase, and brings together the following names from the film world:
- Naomi Kawase – director – Japan
- Marie-Josée CROZE – actress – Canada, France
- Jean-Marie LARRIEU – director, screenwriter – France
- Radu MUNTEAN – director, screenwriter – Romania
- Santiago LOZA – director, playwright, writer – Argentina
The Jury will be awarding prizes for three of the 18 student films shown as part of the Cinéfondation selection.
The Cinéfondation Prizes will be announced by the Jury on Friday 20 May, at an award ceremony in the Buñuel theatre, which will be followed by a screening of the winning films. The Jury must also name the Short Film Palme d’or winner from among the 10 In Competition films selected. This will be awarded at the closing ceremony of the 69th Festival de Cannes on Sunday 22 May.
Text from the official website of Cannes Film Festival