European Short Pitch is an initiative aimed at promoting the European coproduction of short films. Organised by Nisi Masa it combines a scriptwriting workshop in residency and a coproduction forum bringing together scriptwriters, directors and industry professionals from all over Europe. The scriptwriting workshop in residency will take place from the 9th-15th of January 2017 in Valletta, Malta, and the coproduction forum will take place from the 23rd – 26th of March 2017 in Poznan, Poland.
Selected on the basis of their short film projects, 16 European talents gather to discuss, rewrite, and learn to promote their stories on a European level with the support of 4 tutors. They eventually pitch their projects in front of a panel of professionals: over 55 producers, financers, buyers, and distributors.
European Short Pitch is open to creative teams developing international short film projects. It is therefore open to writers, directors, and producers. The author(s) of the script has to be between 18 and 35 years of age on the closing date of the call for projects (30th of September 2016).
The participation fee for each project is 500 Euros. The fee covers the tutorship costs, the travel costs, the accommodation and subsistence for both on-location sessions. One person per project is covered by European Short Pitch. However, upon prior agreement, an extra person per project shall be admitted – he/she will have to cover his/her own travel, accommodation and subsistence costs.
Before the application deadline (30th of September 2016, midnight C.E.T.), applicants have to send a zip file (named after the title of the project) to firstname.lastname@example.org, containing:
- The completed application form (Please find the application form here);
- The script in English (there’s no word-count limitation – however European Short Pitch is designed for short film projects of an estimated length inferior to 30 minutes);
- The script in the original language (many languages being read and understood by our preselecting reading committee & jury, we may consider the original version as well);
- CVs of the people involved creatively in the project (author/writer, director & producer);
- A presentation of the production company attached (if applicable).
More information on the forums, programmes, tutors, and the selection process at the official website of ESP: http://esp.nisimasa.com/european-short-pitch-2017-11th-edition-call-for-short-film-projects/
Text from the official call of ESP