FIRST FILMS FIRST consists of 4 modules, over a period of one year, which allow the participants to develop their first feature film project, step-by-step, through different phases of project development.
The program provides participants with:
- mentorship by renowned European film professionals through different phases of development of the first feature film project
- the necessary arts and crafts required to enter the professional international scene
- first-hand insight and practical knowledge about the ever-changing contemporary European film-making world
- contacts with some of the most important European decision makers, auteurs and experts
FIRST FILMS FIRST focuses on 8 participants only, in order to provide a face-to-face approach, individually adapting and modifying the program in order to accommodate each participant’s specific needs.
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 7!
You can apply if:
- you are living in Southeast Europe
- you are a film director
- you are a student in your last year of study or a young professional
- you have a project for the first feature-length fiction film (this program is not for animated films)
- you are fluent in English
How to apply?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- synopsis for your first feature-length fiction film project
- treatment for the project (max. 12 pages)
- director’s statement
- your CV and a detailed filmography
- information about the producer, if attached (optional)
- link to one of your short films
- your phone number and email address
All materials should be in English, submitted in one PDF file.
The chosen participants will be notified by April 15th.
For the selected participants, the program is free of charge. The FFF also provides participation in travel expenses, accommodation and the festival badges that allow free access to all the festivals’ screenings and events during the workshops.
Please note that the FFF can cover expenses for only one person per project. However, if the selected participants wish to come with additional members of their creative team, the FFF can offer them special discount packages for accommodations and free festival badges.